Seven Reasons Family Films are Awesome
Family Films are my "something a little different." They're short films of your family adventures set to hand-picked music, but they're also a whole heck of a lot more than that. I've come up with a list of seven reasons that I think your family would love them just as much as I do.
- They're different. Yes, I truly think photos of your family are awesome, and I'm not just saying that because I do photo sessions, too. (though, I do...) But Films are something new to the scene and very unique. They're kind of like an improved version of all those little snips of video you have on your phone, and hey, they even include you! (I don't know about you, but I do not video myself with my phone on the regular.)
- They're FUN! Films give us a chance to go on crazy adventures together. I can follow you out into the woods for a bonfire or down through the city streets to an ice cream shop. You can give me your ideas or I'll suggest a few of my own. Either way, it's always a good time.
- Film shows things that still photos just... can't. The way you look at each other. The way the kids walk and play. The sounds of your voices. The wind rustling everyone's hair.
- Films make a great "anytime" type session. They can be centered around just about anything. Maybe it's a get together with family, or a backyard barbecue. A Saturday morning adventure to the market. A camping trip. A journey to the Leg grounds. A date afternoon for just the two of you.
- They tell a great story. Films are kind of like a moving version of a photo album packed into a few minutes of awesomeness. All the detail, all the events, the whole big picture and a great song to enjoy, too.
- Your kids will love them. Wait...this one may not actually be a plus. You'll understand once you've been asked to play your film 15 times before lunch.
- They can be enjoyed anywhere. Films don't cost any extra to mail and ship to those relatives halfway across the world. They can be pulled up on your phone and shared with a friend over coffee. They don't wear out, no matter how many times you press play.
- Okay, I lied. There were eight reasons. Family Films are amazing because they allow me to capture families like the one below. Meet the Ellis Family, and come join our Saturday morning bonfire.
P.S. I chose the click bait title for a reason. If you clicked through and read this far, you might want to know that there's a Family Film promotion coming soon. And hey, couples, that includes you, too. Watch for that post coming next week!